Chris is a personal injury trial attorney. He primarily represents people who have been seriously injured or lost loved ones as the result of wrongful acts.
He is experienced in insurance coverage issues, including insurance bad faith claims. He also has extensive experience, both plaintiff and defense, in medical-product litigation and commercial-related disputes.
Chris is an elected member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), an organization that requires members to have been lead counsel in twenty (20) or more jury trials and has served as the Phoenix Chapter President. He is certified by the Arizona Board of Legal Specialization as a Specialist in Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Litigation. Chris also has an “AV” rating in the Martindale-Hubbell Legal Directory (the highest rating given by that directory). He has been selected for inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America every year from 2005 to present in the practice area of Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs. Chris has also been selected by his peers for inclusion on the list of Arizona Super Lawyers from 2007 to present and has been included among the National Trial Lawyer Association’s Top 100 Trial Attorneys in Arizona from 2007 to present.
- Received a $4.2 million jury verdict for the family of a man killed in a trucking accident
- Recovered $2.5 million for the widow of a Canadian man killed in a motor vehicle accident in Arizona
- Recovered a large settlement in an injury case brought against an herbal supplement manufacturer (confidential settlement)
- Represented two children against a public agency for its alleged failure to adequately protect the children from their parents
- Brought claims against a day care center that allowed the sexual abuse of a young girl (confidential settlement)
- Represents a Fortune 500 Company defending personal injury matters
- Represented clients in the following areas:
- Premises Liability
- Medical Products and Pharmaceuticals
- Fire Cause and Origin
- Construction Negligence
- Dram Shop Liability
- Trucking Accidents
- Insurance Bad Faith
- “Danger on the Roadways: How Politics Compromised the State Permitting Process for Vehicles Carrying Oversized Modular Homes,” co-authored with Garrett Olexa, Advocate (publication of the Arizona Trial Lawyers Association), April, 2003
- “Products Liability Defenses, A State-By-State Compendium,” (Arizona Chapter), Defense Research Institute, 1992.
- “Jump-Starting Stalled Settlement Negotiations with the Advisory Jury,” Arizona Attorney, February, 1993.
- Litigation Delay/Cost Reduction Summit (Presenter), American Board of Trial Advocates, March, 1993.